Hello October! Even though I’m a beach-loving, sun worshipping, Summer kinda gal, since living in Turkey I have definitely come to appreciate Autumn and all that it stands for. We never really get a proper Fall here, Summer just slowly melts into Winter and we go from being uncomfortably hot to freezing cold so around this time every year I fly home to get my fix of fall…
These are just a few of the things I love about Autumn;
- Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate.
- The evenings get darker earlier which means staying in and snuggling up in cosy socks and soft blankets on the sofa with Autumn scented candles burning whilst watching X-factor.
- The scarves, hats and Uggs come out. Love getting bundled up and going for walks amongst the crisp fallen leaves.
- Halloween, trick or treaters, bonfire night, sparklers, fireworks & scary movies.
- Dark plum nail varnish colors all day erry’day, bye bye coral!
- Baths! Long, hot soaks in the tub with all the Lush Halloween bath bombs.
- Comfort food…toad in the whole, roast dinners, shepherds pie & chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate…
- Open fires…the warmth, the smell, the crackling noise…
- The colors of Autumn…from buttery yellow to amber orange and burgundy red the leaves turn beautiful hues and it’s one of my favorite seasons to take photographs.
- It means that Christmas is just around the corner!